Saturday, November 29, 2014

Feeling Love on a Saturday Morning


Robyn and Josh
11/6/2014 - Lyzzard's Chili Bowl

I don't want to go all off on love for a few lines, but I am going to.  I cannot help it.  I am in love, and it is weird and hard and sometimes I am so frustrated, but it is the trust in the process that makes it so special.  Josh and I grow with each other; it's beautiful.  He gets me and there is no expectation for perfection, no fear of abandonment.

It hasn't always been easy; it isn't always going to be.  We are two very stubborn people, but we don't hold grudges for long.  Disagreements happen, but what is wonderful is the change that takes place within each one of us.  Inch by inch, step by step, we grow because of and with each other.

I have been untrusting of real love for a long time.  It has hurt me so much. Even being with Josh for 4.5 years I haven't spent much of it in that wonderful euphoric love state.  My last breakup broke that part of me I think.  Through those years though, I felt sparks of that feeling.  Little fires would burn in my belly and chest and I swear I blush just a bit.  

More and more though, that warmth radiates from me when we are together-at times even when we are not.  There is an electricity in us and in our home.  Oh sure, we still have disagreements.  That is part of the process.  We are still learning about ourselves and each other.  We both want to be together.  That is apparent.  We grow and love.  There is little more I want from a partner.

No comments: